Call toll free 1-844-TLK-2SGI (1-844-855-2744), Mon. to Fri. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST and Sat. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Understanding your experience with us is important. Help us make things better by taking our online survey.
Register and sign in help
You can connect with MySGI in 1 of the following ways:
- As an individual - You can register for MySGI as long as you have a Customer Number (the same number on your driver's licence, previously referred to as PIC) and an email address on file with SGI (see "I need help registering my email")
- As an SGI CANADA Customer - If you have insurance of any kind through SGI CANADA (home, condo, tenant, auto pak, etc.), you can complete the online registration process for the new MySGI.ca using your policy number along with your SGI Customer Number.
- As a company - You simply require an email address added to your SGI profile, which can be done by phone or in person. Your company must also identify an administrator for the online account. That individual will also need to be registered for MySGI.
- As a group customer - An email address must be on file with SGI and at least 1 member of the group must be individually registered with MySGI in order to complete group transactions online.
I'm already an SGI CANADA customer
You can complete the self-service registration process directly online with 2 pieces of information: a Customer Number and a policy number. If you have a Saskatchewan driver's licence or a vehicle registered with SGI, you already have an 8-digit Customer Number (more commonly known as your driver's licence number or PIC). If you have additional SGI CANADA insurance, you already have a policy number too! You can find your SGI CANADA policy number on your policy cover sheet, which you should have received from your broker when you purchased or renewed your insurance. If you have misplaced this sheet or did not receive it, you can ask your broker to send you a copy. With these 2 pieces of information, you can self-register your email address online. Upon registering your email address we’ll email you an activation code along with instructions to complete your account registration process online.
I need help registering my email address
If you are having any issues registering your email address online, connect with us in 1 of the following ways for assistance:
- Visit your local motor licence issuer.
- Call our customer service team at 1-844-TLK-2SGI (1-844-855-2744) from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday to Friday or 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Call our Permit Office at 800-667-7575 from 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. year-round (closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day).
After you register your email address, you can enter your Customer Number (driver's licence number or PIC), date of birth and email address online. We'll then email you an activation code with instructions to complete your online account registration.
What is an activation code?
An activation code ensures that your personal information is correctly (and securely) matched to your online account. You'll need it to complete your account setup for MySGI. If your code has expired or your email address is already registered but you haven't received an activation code, you can request an activation code online. We'll email your code along with instructions to complete your online account registration.
Picking a password
For your security, your MySGI password must be a minimum of 7 characters including at least 1 numeral. For an even stronger password, consider the following tips:
- include special characters like !@#$%^&
- use a combination of capital and lower-case letters
- avoid using sequential letters or numbers
- avoid using your username (or variations of it), or other personal information
- avoid using words you can find in a dictionary
- substitute letters and numbers for full words wherever possible (i.e.: R = are, 4 = for, U = you, etc.)
Picking a username
Your username is unique to you and ensures your personal information is correctly linked to your online account. It is important that you create a username that you will remember without needing to write it down. You may use an email address as your username.
At this time, there is no ability to amend your username.
Please note that usernames are case-sensitive. For example: myusername is different from Myusername and is different from myUSERNAME.